Monday, January 7, 2013

1st TRIP - Third stop - Seffner, FL

It was cold this morning when we got up early in Perry, GA ... 32 degrees!  We got on the road by 9 am and started heading further south.  By the time we arrived at Lazydays RV Campground in Seffner, FL (near Tampa), we didn't need our winter coats but still needed our sweatshirts.  The timing was just right because we checked in and got hooked up before the rain started.  The 5-day forecast shows that the high temps are suppose to be in the 80s this week...YIPPEEEEE!!!!
************
This definitely isn't going to be like our July-October 2012 trip where we were constantly on the move.  We're CHILLIN';  Ed and I each got a Nook and have been lolling around and reading e-books (I brought a few real books, too).  Honestly, this is RELAXING!

The weather is definitely nice but I see New Bern is enjoying temperatures in the 70's this week; where we are here in the Tampa vicinity, it's in the mid- to upper-80s.  Therefore, I packed the winter coats, long sleeves and most of the slacks under the bed to be pulled out when we start heading back home in February.

I received a certificate for completing my driver's confidence course on the 9th.  I got to drive it around the campground and even got to blow the airhorn to make someone move who was blocking the road.  They thought if they closed the door that would be sufficient...NOT!  The instructor told me to wait for them to move the class C completely out of the way and I was thinking "I can fit through there" but realized I wasn't in my car but in a 35' motorhome.  I didn't get to do any backing up but I'll have Ed let me do that when we get back home so I can practice getting into campsites. 

Thursday we went to Brandon to visit my sister, Arlene, and her husband, Arnold.  We sat and talked for a few hours and did some catching up. 

We went back on Saturday and I saw Jimmy, my nephew, who I hadn't seen in 16 years and met his wife, Jess and daughter Caylin. 
------------------------
Coming out of a new RV with two thumbs
up...NOT a good sign!
Ed and I were laughing because we haven't left the "compound" aka Lazydays.  We've been doing a lot of walking and bicycling throughout the campground and with the price of the site, we get a free breakfast and lunch each day while we're here.  Today we walked the dogs over to where the new 42' tag axles are and the dogs liked a few that were way above our budget (right now a pop-up isn't even in our budget!).

We went to a winery in Plant City (reminds me a little of New Bern with a nice downtown area with historic homes).  We opened up the place and Ed did some winetasting and bought some wine.  He's going to be doing some more wining with Mary N. once we get home.

Monday Ed and I drove over to St. Petersburg to visit Marie and Kathy Peleshuck, neighbors from the 60's in Cornwall, NY.  When Kathy was 2 - 3 years old, she was my "baby doll" and now she's 51 years old.  Time flies!  We had a nice visit and talked about the old neighborhood and friends.
It's nice to hook up with old friends.



1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog in my junk mail. Will follow your adventure. We have stayed at the Barnyard too. Missed the flea market though.
    have a grand time. Can't wait to hear about your driving lessons.

    ReplyDelete